Servicing the needs of patients requiring medication designated as “Orphan drugs” to help manage a rare disease, the role of specialty pharmacy takes on a whole new meaning. These patients require greater attention with dosing, side effect management, shipping, administration and refills just to name a few.
This market segment is growing rapidly thanks to the advent of new and emerging therapies from the biotech manufacturers.
Although the populations they serve are comparatively small, orphan product developers face increasing competitive pressure in an industry segment that until recently has been largely overlooked. Today, expectations have been raised as manufacturers of orphan drugs compete for the same resources as traditional products
Manufacturers must be attentive to balancing all the interests of the many stakeholders including patients, regulators and payors, while safeguarding against any action that may compromise future product value or a patient’s life.
CSI Specialty Group has assembled a team of industry experts to answer your questions and help assist with needs as it relates to Orphan and Rare Disease pharmaceuticals. Whether you’re a Manufacturer needing assistance to launch a new drug, develop a hub or your market access strategy, or if you’re a Specialty Pharmacy wanting to assist more patients within the industry, we can help.
CSI Specialty Group has an extensive background in specialty pharmacy with added experience working with leaders throughout the country.
- Launch planning and implementation
- Workforce Planning
- Sales and marketing preparedness
- Talent acquisition at all levels of the organization
- Training and development platforms
- Channel strategy and partnerships
- Payor strategy and support
- Management mentorship programs
- Manufacturer Hub Services
- Field Reimbursement Team Development
- Clinical Training
- Management & Operations: CEO, CMO, CFO, CSO, VPs
- Medical Science Liaisons, Medical Affairs/ Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance / Drug Safety
- Sales: Local, District, Regional, VP, National Accounts, Marketing & Business Development
- RN Clinical Educators, Clinical Liaisons & Clinical Sales
- Reimbursement, Channel Strategy, Managed Markets, Informatics, Human Resources
- Clinical Research Assoc. Managers, Data Mgrs, Project Mgrs, Scientists
- Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Supply Management & Procurement
- Ultra Orphan & Rare Disease
- Immune Deficiency/Immunoglobulin
- Hemophilia / Bleeding Disorders
- Infertility / HRT
- Rheumatoid Arthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis
- MS / Neurology
- Hepatitis C
- IG / Immunology
- Oncology / Hematology
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- HIV / AIDS
- Growth Hormone
- Crohn’s / Ulcerative Colitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
“Suzette is an extremely knowledgeable specialty pharmacy professional. She is a leader in the industry and operates with integrity and honesty. Suzette is a very positive person and it is a pleasure to do business with her and be around her. I appreciate Suzette’s forward thinking and leadership in moving specialty pharmacy forward.”
“Suzette and her team are the most integral group of people you will ever meet. They always go the extra mile to make sure we get whatever we need to be successful. I have referred them to many colleagues and they never disappoint.”